This week we are going to meet Stephanie Johnson. I am sure you have seen tons of layouts from Stephanie. She has a wonderful stlye. Let's get to know her a bit better.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am an 8th grade Social Studies teacher by day and full time Mom by night. I almost majored in Art in college, but loved History just as much. I have two little girls who are the loves of my life and the subject matter of most of my scrapbook pages.
2. When did you first start scrapbooking and why?
I started scrapbooking when my oldest daughter turned one. I needed some type of creative outlet, & really fell in love with scrapbooking.
3. Do you prefer cardstock or patterned paper?
I am a patterned paper junkie
4. What is your ‘go to’ embellishment?
Hmm….I guess my Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye Stamp because I like to make my pages look older than they are. But a lot of times I just cut things out of pattern paper to make my embellishments for a page.
5. Do you like to go to crops or prefer to scrap alone?
It’s inevitable that I forget something (one time I forgot all my pictures), so I prefer to scrap at home.
6. What are your favorite types of projects—pages, mini albums, cards, altered projects, etc?
I like doing double page scrapbook spreads.
7. Computer or handwritten journaling?
I love fonts…so I prefer computer journaling.
8. How long does it typically take you to complete a project?
Oh dear…..it takes usually a full day for me to get one double page spread done. I tend to get easily distracted when I scrapbook therefore I tend to start and stop alot. Probably because I only get to scrapbook on weekends, & I normally have a million things to cram into 48 hours. But I suppose that may be a good thing because it helps me to take a step back. Sometimes if I look at a layout too long, I get way too critical.
9. Are you a neat scrapbooker or is your space a mess?
When I’m working on a page, it can get pretty messy. But I’m pretty good about cleaning up my mess immediately so I can get inspired to work on something else.
10. Do you have a favorite adhesive?
I like Creative Memories tape.
11. Do you have a favorite die cutting system?
I like my Cricut