Over the next couple of weeks we would like to introduce you to our wonderful Design Team Members. This group of ladies has done an outstanding job with making the store so beautiful! Today we are going to meet Amy Cloud. Amy is also the Design Team Coordinator.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself. I retired from EDS four years ago after 33 years and I love retirement. Don’t know how I ever found time to work! I have been married to my wonderful husband for 38 years and I have two beautiful daughters that live in Columbus, Ohio. I love scrapbooking, photography, travelling, gardening and bird watching! I have attended CKU University and CKU Masters, gone on two scrapbook cruises, attended Creative Escape, Inspiration Unlimited, and Oh My Crafts! Discovering Possibilities. I will be attending SPARK!, hosted by Margie Romney in October! Love making new scrapbook friends and meeting industry celebrities!
2. When did you first start scrapbooking and why? I have been a scrapbooker since I was young! I have albums made with construction paper and glue from when I was in grade school. I think it was an inherited trait because I recently found several old scrapbooks that my mother made when she was in high school and married 60 years ago!
3. Do you prefer cardstock or patterned paper? I typically use both when designing my pages.
4. What is your ‘go to’ embellishment? I enjoy learning to make all kinds of flowers and experimenting with ways to use flowers on my layouts, so there is usually some type of flower on my pages! That said … I have never met an embellishment I didn’t like!
5. Do you like to go to crops or prefer to scrap alone? I scrap with friends at Simply every Tuesday and we generally attend one Friday crop a month. However, I must be honest and say that I scrap every evening in my studio at home also … I just find it relaxing and the perfect ending to the day!
6. What are your favorite types of projects—pages, mini albums, cards, altered projects, etc? I love them all. I make pages for my albums, only send home-made cards and I usually make a mini-album for special occasions or trips.
7. Computer or handwritten journaling? Both … I do a lot of computer journaling for trips and travel, but I feel it is important to show your own handwriting on pages … even if you don’t like your handwriting!
8. How long does it typically take you to complete a project? When making pages for my own albums I typically spend about an hour on a double-page layout. When designing pages for the store it usually takes me a lot longer because I am using paper and product that may be out of my comfort zone … which I love … because it forces me to get out of my creative box!
9. Are you a neat scrapbooker or is your space a mess? I am a messy scrapper, but I have to clean up between projects to get my creative juices going again!
10. Do you have a favorite adhesive? I love my pink ATG gun and I also use American Crafts “This to That”!
11. Do you have a favorite die cutting system? Love my Cricut … only thing I own plus lots of cartridges.
Thanks Amy for all your hard work! We sure do appreciate it!