Today it is time to meet the final member of the Simply Scrapbooks Design Team, Mary Pat Siehl!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am married to a wonderful guy that I love calling my best friend. We have 2 boys that keep me stocked in photos forever. I have been scrapping for as long as I can remember. I have always enjoyed paper crafting.
This is my 23rd year teaching high school Spanish. I love teaching!
2. When did you first start scrapbooking and why?
I would make fun albums back in college using just construction paper and stickers. At that time there weren't pretty papers and all types of embellishments. I have always enjoyed paper crafting and I am just now getting hooked on making home decor items.
3. Do you prefer cardstock or patterned paper?
I would have to say I am a pattern paper junkie! I love it. I love to layer all the different papers together one on top of the other! Of course my base is always cardstock, but cardstock doesn't get me all excited!
4. What is your ‘go to’ embellishment?
I would have to say buttons! I love buttons especially the new Doodlebug buttons in different shapes and of course they match the paper, but I also love all types-chipboard, stickers, die cuts. I love them all!
5. Do you like to go to crops or prefer to scrap alone?
I never scrap alone! I usually scrap at home and my desk is a partner's desk and my 2 boys have their chairs across from me. The LOVE to color and and scrap as well. I also love going to at least one crop a month to meet up with my friends at Simply Scrapbooks. I love getting all the inspiration from the other desing team members and crafters.
6. What are your favorite types of projects—pages, mini albums, cards, altered projects, etc?
I love to make it all!!!
7. Computer or handwritten journaling?
8. How long does it typically take you to complete a project?
It really depends on the project.
9. Are you a neat scrapbooker or is your space a mess?
Totally a neat freak!
10. Do you have a favorite adhesive?
I love my ATG gun. I have had it for over 7 years now and I love it! I also love the American Crafts pop dots.
11. Do you have a favorite die cutting system?
I am in love with my Silhouette! It is just so much fun and I just recently upgraded to the Cameo. Oh my I am in heaven!!
12. What other things do you do at Simply Scrapbooks?
I teach a monthly sketch class that is for the budget minded person. These are really fun classes. I also teach card classes. I am write for the blog and facebook page so you might see me around here!
13. Do you have a blog?
I have a blog called Siehled with a Kiss. I would love for you to stop by and even sign up to follow me! I post everything from home decor, scrapbooking to cards. I try to have a lot of fun!
I hope everyone has a great day today! We will be back tomorrow to look at some more design team inspiration.